Fashion Friday: OOTD / DIY: crop tops

11:10 PM

YES! Another category to my posts! I have always loved to create things and i guess people like to call that DIY...so here it is! There isn't a set day of the week where i will post them since you can't schedule creativity. I'll just be posting when I have completed a project. In the meantime, enjoy this one and there will actually be another one posted soon! 

MOVING ON.. (I need to stop rambling...)

I got tired of tucking in my t-shirts into my high waisted pants so I did this. Lets just say, I'm in love. First off, I have an obsession with high waisted anything (shorts, skirts, pants.. I think that's about it..). They make your legs look longer and help hide your gut. The high waisted shorts I'm wearing in the picture are my DIY thrifted Calvin Klein high waisted shorts. I got them at goodwill for $3-7 (I know, great deal). The newly cropped top is a top from WWF (organization that spreads awareness and raises money for endangered animals. Don't quote me on that.) I got it awhile ago and haven't worn it much. But, now with this quick and simple DIY, I'm sure it'll be a staple to my summer wardrobe. 
Follow the following cheesy instructions to crop your tops too!

Got a t-shirt (or more than one) that you haven't shown some love to in awhile? Well, I have a solution. Make it into a crop top! It's really as easy as 1-2-3! 

1. Put on your top and high waisted shorts to see about where you want your top to end and mark it. 

2. Cut it. I would advise to cut it about a centimeter longer than where you marked it just to be safe because A. The unhemmed ends of tshirts tend to roll up making the top shorter, and B. it could be shorter than you have expected for reason A or that you measured/marked it incorrectly. It's always better to be safe than sorry. 

3. Put it on again. Trim if necessary. 

P.S. I apologize for my messy room. I'm working on it. I swear! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Grab My Button!

Much Ado about Nothing