My Therapy

3:30 PM

Warning: This is kind of a morbid post. 

I'm currently in the middle of totally reorganizing and rearranging the furniture in my room. I do this VERY often (probably every season if not more often). Ever since I was a little kid and had the ability to move furniture, I would do it. And now, it's kind of a normal thing. I do this for a number of reasons. 

1. I'm tired of the current layout
2. I really want one piece of furniture in one specific spot; therefore, everything else must move to accommodate it. 
3. My life is in shambles. 

The older I get, the more the third reason pertains. Last week, just as I thought my life was right on track again, it came apart in pieces I didn't even expect. Not to be morbid but, I was sort of raised to show nothing but joy, meaning anger and sorrow were not accepted. It's just how my family is. As a result, I bottle a lot of things away. Every stress, anger, and tear is shut away in a bottle until one day something gives it a hard shake and everything explodes - my life, in shambles. Being the control freak that I am, one of the few ways I can get a grip back on my life and myself is to clean or reorganize. Like my post a few weeks ago ("Existential Crisis"), my life was about to burst at the seems and my way of coping with it was to organize my life by making strict schedules. 

Organizing and cleaning is surprisingly therapeutic. With the rhythm of each fold and the feeling of newness, I can build my life back up each brick at a time. 

When life hands you a hurricane, clean. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Grab My Button!

Much Ado about Nothing