Late Night Thoughts

4:07 AM

I've dwelled on this idea for an extensive time, years actually, expanding and adjusting it as I grow older and therefore "wiser". I actually don't exactly agree that the older we get, the wiser we are.  On the contrary, I think that the wisest thoughts are of those who are young. As we grow older, yes, we are more knowledgeable of our surroundings and our time here on Earth. However, we are also more distracted by the finite details that seem so important in the moment. We are so occupied with our jobs, looks, and things that we forget about the big picture. Do the amount of money in your bank account, cars you own, or twitter followers you have matter when you're on your death bed? When we are young, all we know are the simple things: sleep, food, bliss. Everyday is filled with new discoveries and the only thing that matters is our happiness. We lose sight of that goal as we grow older. Though we may know more but, is it not that the more you know, the less you actually know? Similarly, the more you think and care about things, the less you actually do the more important ideals? I ask myself sometimes: "Joycie, if you were to die right now, would you be satisfied with the life you have lived?". Truthfully, my answer is always "no". I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. Thus, everyday we must all strive to find what truly makes us happy until the day when our answer will always be "yes". 


"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oliver Wilde

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. If there were a like button for this, I'd click it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Rachel hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FIRST COMMENTER!!!!! YAYYY!!! I literally screamed when I saw someone commented haha.
      Anyhow thanks. <3 I didn't realize there isn't a like button on here.. hmm lets see if I can change that...

      Delete

Grab My Button!

Much Ado about Nothing