DIY Room Decor #1

8:48 PM


This is one of my favorite DIY decor creations! It was really easy and fun to make!

Supplies: 
-painting/poster/cool picture (make sure acrylic paint will be able to stick onto it because otherwise, it won't dry and won't work)
-vinyl letter stickers
-acrylic paint
-paint brush
-quote or phrase or pattern in mind

I bought the painting and frame from the Salvation Army for like $5, the paint from walmart for around $3, and the vinyl letters from walmart for about $3 as well. It's the ones that you put on for sale/for rent signs. 


1. Once you've gathered your materials, lay out your quote/phrase/pattern onto the painting

I chose a lyric from my favorite song Midnight by Kodaline



2. Once you've found a layout you're happy with, stick on the stickers.

Honestly, I could've just left it like this, but I wanted to paint it.
Also, be careful not to ruin the table/carpet/floor you're painting on!


3. Then, paint on the color of your choice and wait for it to dry.

You can choose how opaque you want to the color to be by the thickness of the paint layers. If you do a thin layer, you could partially see the painting which would be pretty cool. I was planning on doing that, but I got too excited with the paint and over did it.. oops. 
Lesson learned: paint dries more opaque than it looks. 



4. Once it has dried, peel off the stickers and voila!


My picture came with a frame and so I spray painted it gold! 


And this is how it looks in my dorm!



This is such an easy and fun project to do and it's totally unique to you! I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people coming into my dorm. 

<3

Thanks so much for reading!

Comment below: if you were to make this (which I highly recommend you do) what would you put on it??

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Grab My Button!

Much Ado about Nothing