Yogurt Pancakes!

8:14 PM


Now that I don't have a meal plan with the university, I've had to either buy or cook all of my meals.
In an attempt to save money, I've predominantly just cooked all of my meals. Last week, when I went grocery shopping, due to my exhaustion and hunger from a full day of training, I bought a giant tub of the wrong yogurt. If you know anything about me, I have an on and off relationship with yogurt. I usually don't like it, but when I do, it's either frozen or greek. I, accidentally, got neither of these two. (At least it was on sale!) I tried it in hopes that I would like it, but it really was just not to my taste.

Anyhow, fast forward to a week later to today, I woke up starving. I had no idea what I wanted to eat/make. It literally took me 3 trips to the fridge, 2 hours of thinking while in bed with Netflix, and 1 google search to finally come up with something. Using the unwanted yogurt, the eggs that I will never finish, and the box of Bisquick my friend bought me months ago, I made yogurt pancakes! I was too lazy to use measuring cups so I just eye balled everything.

This is how you make it!

Ingredients: 
-plain, non-fat yogurt
-pancake mix (or make it from scratch if you want.. ain't nobody got time for that)
-1 egg
-milk
-syrup or spreads
-any toppings you'd like (strawberries, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc)

Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and add yogurt and milk. Mix until smooth.
2. add in pancake mix, stir.
3. this part's pretty self-explanatory, put it on a pan and flip when needed (remember to spray PAM or butter it up!)
4. dish it up and add all the syrups, spreads, and toppings your heart desires!
5. enjoy!


I honestly couldn't even taste the yogurt. I think it might've actually made the pancakes fluffier! It was so good! I was pleasantly surprised. I usually can't eat a lot of pancakes because they're too dense, but with the yogurt mixed into it, they were nice and fluffy yet still filling. In retrospect, I probably didn't need to add the egg since i had yogurt.. I will try that next time! 

I hope you try this out!

Thanks so much for reading! 
Have a wonderful day!






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. these look so good, need to make pancakes soon!

    danielle | avec danielle | instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and pancakes are the best excuse to eat dessert for breakfast!

      Delete

Grab My Button!

Much Ado about Nothing